The money plant is such a beautiful household plant without any flowers. Being an outdoor as well an indoor plant, the money plant is also known as golden pothos, Ceylon creeper, hunter’s robe, ivy arum, silver vine, Solomon Islands ivy, marble queen, and taro vine.
This plant also has an interesting name, devil’s vine, or devil’s ivy because it can grow even in dark places without proper sunlight and still stays green.
Especially in Indian subcontinents, it is popularly known as the money plant.
Your green friend has many benefits also.
If we talk according to the Vastu, keeping a money plant in your house will fill your house with positive energy and will bring prosperity.
Isn’t that are the two things we all want? 😛
Now, coming back to the topic… The money plant has many benefits, let’s count some
- Air purifier – The plant acts as an air purifier removes airborne pollutants from the indoor air such as Benzene, Formaldehyde, Carbon Monoxide, and Xylene.. leaving out the fresh air which is really good for the health.
- Source of positive energy – the money plant is also taken as a symbol of wealth and prosperity and will bring good luck in your life.
- Less mental illness – the plant is considered as a stress remover as it absorbs the stress and can help to keep your mind calm and relaxed, as having a green plant near your workplace will automatically lift your mood up and helps to reduce your anxiety.
The way it hangs around and makes the house green makes it my favorite plant. Today I’m going to share how you can also make your house greener with what you have. So, let’s start.
When the plant needs trim, we can reuse the trimmed part to grow a baby plant and it’s a very simple way to make your home greener without necessarily buying any more plants 💚
All you’ll need –
- A plant (in need of a trim)
- A sharp scissor
- A container
- Soil ( Optional)
Just take a vine, and cut it below the node, where the leaf is growing.. and yes don’t worry about your plant, it will heal automatically and will grow again as before ☺️
Continue the process until you’ve cut all the leaves as shown above.
Take a container or pot and fill it with the water.
Put the cuttings in the water, remember that the ends of the nodes should be submerged into the water.
And now all you have to do is to patiently wait for the new buds to pop out of the nodes. And in the meantime, keep filling up or changing the water to keep the leaves fresh and proper oxygen supply.
Now place the plant at a warm place where sunlight is also available.
You can keep the plant in the water, as money plants can grow in water or you can plant them in the soil.
Points to remember –
- If you’ve decided to keep the plant in water, you have to change the water once a week.
- If you’ve decided to plant in soil, then the soil must be moist and water should be only added when the soil is dry.
- And in case of soil, the pot should have a small hole at the bottom.
And that’s it, that’s how you make new children plants from old parent plants.
Do you also have any favorite plants? Or you also enjoy planting? Let me know in the comments. 😛
Keep smiling 😋
Stay blessed 🌼