Almost every one of us has experienced the unpleasant feeling of boredom at a certain point in our lives. Like during a boring lecture or a conference meet because the topic is boring because we just don’t care about that at all.
Being bored can influence one’s mood. You may feel frustrated or even angry at times.
Since due to the current situation, we all are staying at our homes to prevent the spread of the virus, one may feel like it’s completely impossible to escape. The feeling of helplessness spoils one’s mood and of the people near him/her.
The only way to cure this is to divert the mind and do some activity which is interesting and productive as well.
The activity should be productive because the after the result of that activity feels rewarding, which may increase the feeling of achievement and happiness which will definitely kill the boredom.
Finding those activities are again not so interesting thing to do, but you don’t have to worry about that, I’ve already listed out 13 things that are productive and fun ( which I also do whenever I need ) to spend your time and lift up your mood and make you feel lighter 🙂
- Create mood playlists – Create playlists of your favorite songs, which make you feel happier, energetic and, inspired. Categorize them accordingly like happy, romantic, inspirational, etc.
- Clear your inbox – Some of us may have our email inbox full of useless and unread emails, I remember even my email inbox used to full ( with 100+ unread emails) that I didn’t even bother to open, and because of which I’ve missed a few important emails also. All you have to do is clean up your inbox so that if any important mail comes, should not go unnoticed by you. Unsubscribe from those mailing lists that are not important, and delete your old stack of useless emails.
- Update your passwords – Do you even remember when was the last time you’ve updated your password for all the applications that you use regularly? Do you even remember your password? Updating your password at regular intervals is a very good practice. If you want to make your account more secure, try adding the 2-factor authentication for more security.
- Take personality tests – There are plenty of websites that provide online personality tests that you can take in less than 10 minutes. Activities like these help you to know about your personality and nature etc will help you to know about your traits and also entertain you. Spend some time taking them, learn about yourself and your personality a little more.
- Wall photos – Browse your gallery. Pick up your favorite pictures, be creative or look up any youtube channel like how to create wall photos, photo frames at home, or any DIY frames at home, print and hang them on the wall, create a family wall like we used to create a family tree in our childhood.
- Back up your gallery – Upload your pictures over cloud storage to save them securely. That way, you can save up your device memory also if in case you lost your mobile, you can easily backup your pictures.
- Declutter old files – Remove the unused old files or documents on your mobile or computer, free up the memory. It will make your device faster and will not hang if it does so.
- Watch inspiring talk videos – Watch inspirational videos and learn from other people’s experiences. Instead of wasting time, make most of it, listen to how others have turned their disabilities into abilities, obstacles into opportunities, and bad times into good ones.
- Uninstall useless apps – We all have a few apps that are we don’t even open. They may consume a lot of memory of your device, uninstall them.
- Update your resume – Update your recent profile picture, add new skills that you’ve learned. That way if an opportunity knocks, you don’t have to worry about it as you have already prepared it beforehand.
- Puzzle – Puzzles are a good way to exercise your brain and always a good and fun way to kill time. When I was a kid, I used to solve a lot of puzzles with my mom and which I still do, always a fun thing to do.
- Organize your drawer – Just as you clean your email inbox, you can declutter those documents or papers that you may have stored in your drawer. Just like those emails, but in hardcopy format 😀
- Clean your room – Last but not least, Clean your room. As boring it may sound, it’s the most effective one. You may find your hidden money or any favorite thing of yours that was lost. Cleaning your own room helps you in keeping the place where you spend most of your time clean and also will keep your mother happy 😀
Those were some of the things that you can do, if you have any other ideas, feel free to comment below.
In these times of uncertainty, I hope you all are doing good and safe.
Have fun & take care.
Keep smiling 😋
Stay blessed 🌼